Let me count the ways…….
2. Okay I’ll be more specific. ewwwwww…..gross
3. I don’t want to watch cows. I want to look at humans. Without being reminded of cows.
4. Students practicing pronunciation spit it out by mistake. ewwww
5. What’s that horrible noise? Oh. People are chewing gum. What’s up with not chewing with your mouth closed?
7. I feel a visceral disdain for the person chewing gum. As soon as they spit it out I’m happy again (I know, crazy but true).
8. On my favorite show, NUMB3RS, the character Don Epps chews gum a lot. I want to slap him.
I don’t know why gum bothers me so much. I didn’t like it even as a kid. Am I in the 1% of the population of the US that feels this way? Do the other 99% of people chew gum and enjoy it? That’s okay…..I don’t mind being unique.