I’ve been thinking about books I was forced to read in school, or because friends recommended them. I’m not about slamming authors. Everyone has their own tastes and there is a niche for all types. But……
BOOKS I WISH I HAD NEVER READ
1. The Great Gatsby – Am I the only person who was forced to read it, analyze it, be bored by it and want to throw it out the window? And I had to read it in high school, college and as a teacher. Is this a “guys” book?
2. Catcher in the Rye – Okay, I can understand people liking this one. But how many idiomatic and slang expressions can be smushed into each sentence?
3. Romeo and Juliet – I loved this play the first 8 million times I read it. Now I’ve reached my saturation point.
4. Bleak House – I tried and tried. But I’m not sure even lawyers could plow through that one.
5. Biographies/Autobiographies of celebrities I don’t like. But this isn’t really fair because I’ve never read any of them. I just think I wouldn’t like them.
So I will continue my vacation reading books I like. Thanks for visiting my blog…😃