Not everyone has the same savantness

We all have something about ourselves to be proud of.  Now stop right there all you grammarians.  I realize that the correct sentence is “We all have something about ourselves of which we are proud.”  But that sounds very snooty.  So I’m sticking with the first sentence.  And if it seems like I’m going on and on about the first sentence and you have just realized that I haven’t actually referred to the content of the first sentence but just the grammar of it, you’ll be getting an idea about what I am referring.

My savantness.  Or savantivity.  Or whatever you want to call it.  My husband has been known to refer to it as verbal vomiting.  But make no mistake about it.

I am a verbal savant.

The picture above speaks a thousand words.  Which spares you from having to listen to me speak a thousand words.  But man, do I like to talk.  And I’m proud of it.  Filters are for faucets; filters are for coffee machines; filters are for swimming pools.  No filters for this gal.

The man in this picture bears a striking resemblance to Thomas Jefferson. However, originally, his head was turned towards me.  Now he’s like my husband…..trying to ignore the onslaught of words.  And look at my smile!!  I don’t even realize that he’s turned away from me.

Do I have other talents?  Naturally.  I like to think that I’m an excellent teacher. Lots of meaningful conversations (plus lectures…yay).  I hope that I’m a wonderful mother/grandmother/sister/cousin/friend.  Lots of meaningful conversations.  Most importantly, I hope that I’m a wonderful wife.  But here’s the rub……my husband has learned how to be a tune-out-my-wife-savant.

What makes our marriage work so well?  Opposite savantness attracts.

This entry was posted in humor and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Not everyone has the same savantness

1. abyssbrain says:

When conducting peer reviews, I can be very technical with grammatical structure of the paper but personally, I don’t care much about it. Since English isn’t my first language, it doesn’t come naturally to me. Unless I spend a lot of time proof reading my posts, I wouldn’t be able to catch all the errors haha…

I LOVE writing and ABHOR editing. I literally spent over 30 minutes tonight on the WordPress chat helpline to get the photo posted which was still too big. Note to self: no more photos.

• abyssbrain says:

You should first compress the photo if its size is too big.

No my problem was that it was too small. The dimensions there, are the ones they gave me. I was trying to be funny, but I believe the real issue is the theme that I use. It doesn’t matter as I rarely use pics. Just frustrating 😥

• abyssbrain says:

Haha, I didn’t get that remark, maybe because I just woke up and my brain’s not 100 percent awake yet.

Well, there are many software out there that can resize photos.

2. George says:

Funny post, great last line. If you’re going to be a savant, being a verbal genius is the way to go. Just think of the people you can trash to their face who will never understand or will smile at you thinking it was a compliment.😊

haha How prescient of you. Oh I’m not trashing you, just in case you were wondering. I’m assuming you also have a good vocabulary (English teacher here). I’m just showing off what a genius I am (not) and taking this opportunity to talk a lot again.

3. Glazed says:

Verbal savantness is a euphemism. A dysphemism for the same thing is logorrhea. You remind me of my wife, and your husband reminds me of me. This sort of thing seems to fall along gender lines for some reason.