Does anyone recognize the jingle that went with my title of the post? I think it was 2, 2, 2 mints in 1 !! Gum maybe? But that has nothing to do with this blog post. I received 2 huge compliments…..2 nominations for The Versatile Blogger Award! Please help me to give a big THANK YOU to The Day Dreamer and to Paul at The Captain’s Speech for my nominations 🙂 Now I have to go check out the rules and see if I have to give up any deep dark secrets. Hold on…..While I’m checking the rules, you guys can hop over to these two wonderful blogs and see why I like these bloggers so much.
It’s gotten to be nauseating how often I mention Paul in my posts. I think he nominated me so that I’d have to talk about him again. I’ve said it a kazillion times. If you want to laugh until your shoulders are shaking so hard that the laughter erupts in a huge guffaw, he’s your man!
The Day Dreamer is a newer blog (for me, at least) and I’m so happy to have found her. She has a wonderful voice when she writes. Just when I’m thinking that prose is her forte, I read her poetry and am mesmerized. You will be, too. I’m honored with this nomination!
Here are the rules:
1. Thank the person who gave you this award.
2. Include a link to their blog.
3. Select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
4. Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
5. Tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
So I’m going to start with the 7 things about myself. I don’t think I can come up with 14, hence the 2 in 1 nominations.
1. I’m a recovering alcoholic (October 5, 1985) and I don’t think either of my nominees were even close to being born then lol.
2. I *sigh* a lot. Not just when I write, but in real life, too. I’m sure it annoys people.
3. My favorite word to overuse is “kazillion.” My favorite real word that I also overuse is “commingled.”
4. Hmmmm…..something else you don’t know……everyone in my family is really, really tall. Except for me. My brother once called me a genetic throwback.
5. I am learning kichwa and think it’s the coolest language and culture in the world.
6. I was born in Alaska but we moved when I was 2. I want to go back because it seems insanely weird to have lived for 2 years in a place and not know it.
7. Lots of pressure to make this last one interesting. I LOVED being pregnant but I HATE vomiting. There. Top THAT one!
Now my nominees. I find all of these blogs interesting. Many are because they make me laugh, but others are just interesting for a variety of reasons….thought provoking, artists, authors, mathematicians, ponderers. All are worth checking out!
http://shelbycowell.com/ aka Stella’s Mommy
Annie at underandoveraroundandthrough.com/
Enjoy everyone! And thank you again for reading my blog.