I have been fortunate enough to be recognized by various bloggers for various awards recently. I’m very good about thanking them, but very bad about responding to them. And mostly for a horrible reason….I’m lazy. I get halfway through all the rules and regulations and say forget it. Usually, I thank people in a comment and say that I don’t participate in awards or challenges but that I truly appreciate the thought. But I know that these are a good way to share blogs we enjoy reading so that others can enjoy them as well.
So I have decided to just answer some questions and thank my “friends” who have nominated me. Except the problem is that I don’t remember who has. Three who immediately come to mind are Ann GrubbsnCritters, A Momma’s View and Julia at myredpage. But I’m leaving some out. I’m sorry, it’s not on purpose.
Here are 10 facts about me that you may or may not be interested in.
1. I think that teaching High School students, especially immigrant students, is the most rewarding, frustrating, appealing, life-lesson-learning job possible, and I love every minute of it. Actually, the above is true for all high school kids; the immigrant kids just need more help adjusting and assimilating while maintaining their own culture. All that being said, I’m really looking forward to Thursday being the last day of school.
2. I grew up in a military family, as most of you know, and was born in Anchorage, Alaska, lived in Washington DC for 4 years while my father was at the Pentagon, raised in New York (state not city) and lived in Ohio for 4 years with a study abroad completing part of my Bachelors Degree in Spain. All of which were exceptionally cool for me and the Alaska part impresses people from NY.
3. I’m petrified of thunderstorms.
4. I’m a voracious reader….like 5-6 books a week. However, my binge Netflixing (did I coin that new verb?) is cutting into my reading time.
5. I’m a recovering alcoholic and do nothing in moderation, including blogging.
6. I’m the least athletic person you will ever know. My sports experience consists of curling up on my bed and watching football (GO ARMY BEAT NAVY) and the NY Giants and watching golf. I do like professional bowling and, obviously, the Olympics.
7. I have 2 brothers who are 7 and 10 years older than I am and I used to beg my mother for an older sister. I finally figured that one out.
8. I am very conflicted between my Roman Catholic upbringing and an inherent belief in the spirituality of native religions of North and South America.
9. I am learning Kichwa, an indigeous language of Ecuador and one of the official languages of that country.
10. My favorite movies are “North by Northwest,” “Laura,” “Remember the Titans,” “The Bourne Identity” and a bunch tied for 5th, but I’ll go with “The Bone Collector.”
11. Because 10 was one short, my best friends are trustworthy and make me laugh out loud.
If your eyes haven’t glazed over from this useless information, and from reading so many sentences that start with “I” then “I’m” very impressed.
I’m not nominating for any awards here, but if you want to check out blogs that I have either always liked or just have discovered, here are a few (in addition to those above).
Man, the list could go on and on, but these are a handful of the blogs I read every day and I hope that you check them out. They write about very different topics, but all are exceptional writers and all have made me laugh as well as have touched me in other ways.
Thanks to all who have made blogging such an incredible experience.