Facts that you may or may not be interested in…
1. I’m an English as a New Language teacher in a public high school north of New York City and have also taught Spanish to English speakers and students with disabilities.
2. My days are filled with my husband, my children, grandchildren, students, friends, books, music and blogging (not necessarily in that order….depends on the day).
3. I use my sense of humor and of the absurd to keep sane, or somewhat sane, in this crazy world we live in. I can see humor even in the darkest of situations.
4. I’m passionate about writing, reading, languages and knitting.
5. My blog post http://www.saneteachers.com/2015/05/23 “September 12, 1918 The day my family changed forever” was chosen to be spotlighted on Freshly Pressed.
6. My blog post http://www.saneteachers.com/2016/10/03 “Once Upon An Alcoholic” was featured on Discover.
I thank all of you for your interest in this site, and invite you to accompany me on this humorous journey of teaching, learning and anything else that strikes my fancy. You’ll find my blog articles are about everything under the sun (and even about the sun), about teaching and about religion. You’ll find memoir essays about Alaska, alcoholism and recovery, bereavement as I deal with the death of my daughter, and genealogy. And I hope that in reading my stories you’ll find some of your own. I’d love to read about them.